With the cold weather upon us, you may be tempted to just turn on your heat without checking it first. Unfortunately, this can lead to failed parts and costly heating repairs in Tuscaloosa, AL in a heating system that has sat unused for a number of months. Before you turn your heating system on for the winter, be sure to examine these parts and systems to ensure your furnace runs properly for the entire cold weather season:
- Replace your air filter: With any heating system that has sat unused for a period of time, the air filter will need to be cleaned or replaced. You no doubt have the same filter you used last time it got cold in your heating system, and a clogged filter can cause breakdowns that would require heating repair in Tuscaloosa, AL to get your HVAC system operational again. Before you crank up the heat, replace your filter with a new one.
- Inspect your furnace: Be sure to take a good look at your furnace. Look for anything that seems abnormal or might indicate that a heating repair in Tuscaloosa, AL, is necessary. A good inspection of your furnace can save you in the event that something is wrong before you turn your heating system on and cause further damage. A visual examination will help you identify any areas that need repair from the last time you ran your heat.
- Check for air duct leaks: Now is also a good time to look over your air duct system and inspect for any areas where heat may be escaping. Holes, gaps or cracks will allow heat to escape and will make your heating system inefficient. Call for heating repair in Tuscaloosa, AL if you notice any areas that need to be sealed to ensure heat flows through your ducts properly.
- Test your thermostat: Your thermostat can cause your HVAC system not to run correctly, and a good test of its features and functions can make sure you are on track for the winter. Check that it turns on and off correctly, and that it holds a temperature and adjusts accordingly.
- Add upgrades: If you are looking to modify your heating system, now is the time to add those upgrades you have been putting off. This can make sure your heating system is operating at its most efficient level and will help to reduce your heating bill throughout the winter.
- Make a maintenance appointment: The best way to avoid heating repair in Tuscaloosa, AL is to schedule a maintenance appointment with your HVAC service provider. They have the experience to thoroughly check your heating system for any damage, wear and tear or possible repairs that could cause breakdowns.
To avoid emergency heating repair in Tuscaloosa, AL, be sure to inspect your heating system before you turn it on for the winter and make an appointment for a maintenance checkup. To have your heating system inspected by a professional, contact Adams Heating & Cooling. No matter what problems you are having with your heating system, we can fix it.