Being comfortable in your home is an important part of life—if you’re not comfortable in the place where you live, it means you’re not living the best life possible! Determining quality in your living space involves examining a number of variables: one of them being the quality of your breathable air. From the air drafting through an open window, to the air being forced out of your vents while you’re running the furnace during winter, measuring the quality of that air is a key factor in determining your quality of life.
Now, you may think that air is air—what could be so harmful about the air in your home? While this is true at a fundamental level, it’s important to consider what might be floating around in your air, to bring its quality level below that of “regular air.” Moreover, when things are discovered in your air, how do you remove them to raise your quality of life?
The answers to these questions can be traced back to air duct cleaning in Tuscaloosa, AL.
What’s in my air?
Depending on your lifestyle, location and the last time you had your ducts cleaned, any number of things could be lurking in your air, bringing down the quality and affecting your quality of life. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- If you have pets in your home—especially dogs—pet dander is going to be a big concern. Animals shed all of the time and when they do, their hair and dander can be swept up into your forced air system, recirculating around to irritate your allergies.
- Dust particles are ever-present, but in homes with dirty forced air systems, an excessive buildup could be causing the quality of your air to drop.
- If you’ve recently had a pest problem in your house, pest droppings or leftover debris from the infestation may be lingering in your ductwork, waiting to be blown around by forced air.
- Any debris not caught by the furnace or AC filters may end up in your ductwork, this leading to all sorts of microorganisms and particles floating around your home.
- Finally, histamines and other allergens can infect the air of a home with a dirty or unclean forced air system.
In having your ducts cleaned and the quality of your air measured, it’s possible to detect and resolve these things at a basic and fundamental level!
What does duct cleaning do?
Duct cleaning is a catchall for irritants within your air! By cleaning your ducts thoroughly, you’re able to remove them from within your circulating forced air system, which means they won’t be continuously recycled each time you flip on your AC unit or your furnace. In turn, this means less irritation by your air, less staleness and a more enjoyable quality of air overall.
Think about what it means to take a deep breath and think to yourself, “does my home give me this same feeling when I breathe in deeply?” If the answer is “no,” you might be in need of air duct cleaning in Tuscaloosa, AL.