Ignoring the health and efficiency of your HVAC system can leave you without heat on a cold day or without air conditioning on the hottest of days. Acting now to replace your HVAC system can save you a lot of hassle when you really need it. Consulting with an HVAC contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL can let you know when it’s time to replace your HVAC system. These tips will help you recognize if your HVAC system needs replacing:
- Your HVAC system is more than 10 years old: If you have a heat pump or air conditioning system that has reached the age of 10 years old, you should really replace it with a more efficient unit. An HVAC contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL, can help you select an Energy Star unit that can save you up to 20 percent on your energy bill.
- Your furnace or boiler is at least 15 years old: Now is the time to replace your furnace or boiler before it stops working. A new Energy Star unit will help save on your heating bill as these systems are more efficient. An HVAC contractor can specify a furnace or boiler that is the right size for your home.
- You keep seeing increases in your energy bill: This is a clear indication that you are in need of a more efficient HVAC system that will run more smoothly and help to reduce the costs of your energy bill. Energy Star models reduce energy bills significantly.
- You need reoccurring repairs: Having to constantly repair your HVAC system is a sign that you are in need of a replacement unit. An HVAC contractor can help you decide between repairing and replacing your HVAC system to keep things cost effective.
- Rooms in your home are too hot or too cold: Fluctuations in temperature throughout your house can mean that your HVAC system is not operating properly. You want your HVAC system to run at its optimal performance to ensure you maintain a constant temperature in your home. Inadequate temperatures mean an HVAC replacement is needed.
- Your HVAC system is making loud noises: Unusual sounds coming from your HVAC system can indicate that there are mechanical problems within your unit or that it hasn’t been adequately sized for your home. An HVAC contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL, can size an HVAC system specifically for your home to provide ample heating and cooling.
- Abundant amounts of dust are present in your home: If you are seeing large amounts of dust on surfaces in your home, your HVAC system may need to be replaced. Your air ducts may be leaking and pulling dust from your attic or crawl space and spreading it throughout your house. Replacement of your HVAC system is needed when this occurs.
Replacing your HVAC system now rather than later will save you from having a problem when you really need it. Working with an HVAC contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL will help you choose a unit that is more energy efficient and properly sized for your home. Make a call to Adams Heating & Cooling to have your HVAC system looked at before it stops working on you. Adams Heating & Cooling is experienced in air conditioner repair, heating maintenance and duct cleaning. We look forward to assisting you!