Now that the summer is in full swing, it’s a good idea to have a checkup for your air conditioning system to ensure it is running properly all through the warm season. Setting up an appointment with an air conditioning contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL can help to guarantee your air conditioning runs as efficiently as possible this summer. Here’s what to expect from your maintenance checkup:
- Filters will be changed: During a maintenance check of your cooling system, an air conditioning contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL will be sure to inspect and change your filters. They will make sure your filters are not clogged, which can slow airflow and cause the coil to ice up. On a hot day, this could cause your air conditioner to shut down.
- Debris will be removed: All debris that has built up over the year inside and surrounding your air conditioner will be removed. This will help your condenser to work properly as any obstructions will be eliminated, creating a free flow of air. This includes the area surrounding the condenser fan, which may have leaves and dirt in it. This will be washed and cleared of anything that may block its use.
- Coils will be inspected: Another maintenance item on the list of an air conditioning contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL is the coils in your cooling system. Both the evaporator coil and condenser coil will be checked, as dirt may have built up over time. Dirty coils reduce airflow and need to be cleaned to guarantee they operate correctly. The coils and areas around the coil will be cleared of any debris and dirt to maintain efficient airflow through the condenser.
- Drains will be unclogged: Your drains may have gotten clogged over the winter, and an air conditioning contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL will know to inspect them. They will confirm that they are draining properly. If you run your air conditioner with clogged drains, it won’t reduce the humidity in your home and can create moisture that will discolor your carpet and walls. Keeping drains clear will help your air conditioner run more effectively.
- Ductwork will be examined: All the ductwork in your home will be inspected, including the registers. They will be opened to make sure airflow is adequate in each room of your home. They will also be checked for blockages and mold. All seams and connections should be sealed to avoid leaks, and there shouldn’t be any holes or damage.
Hiring an air conditioning contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL to perform a maintenance checkup of your cooling system will make sure your unit is operating at its optimal performance level all summer. Don’t wait to have yours inspected, as this could leave you without air conditioning when you really need it. Make an appointment today with Adams Heating & Cooling for your air conditioning checkup. With more than 35 years of experience, we are experts in HVAC maintenance, repair and replacement. We have a staff of certified technicians who are experienced in solving your heating and cooling problems. Call us today!